taste it! J-Sin's musings...

5.26.2005

upcoming weekend of fun

I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend...tomorrow my company is allowing folks to leave early as part of our "Summer Hours" program in which we can jet at 2pm every other Friday...that'll be nice so I can hopefully avoid some of the shitty Memorial Day Weekend traffic...this Saturday we'll be trying out another singer...hopefully this girl actually SHOWS UP...last Sunday we were supposed to try out "k2 kpower!" (this is how she signed her emails when she's not being stalked) but unfortunately she does not know how to leave DC and drive onto 66 without exiting and re-entering the same exit ramp...yes that's right, she was leaving FROM DC, we call her 10 minutes before she's supposed to get there, she says "be there in 20 mins, running a little late", an hour later, we call again, "yeah I'm just passing exit 67, I got turned around on 66"...now for those of you not familiar with where my house is (where practice is) it's in Manassas, a bit off of exit 44 OR 47 on 66...exit 67 is almost IN DC (where she was coming from)...so for a good hour or so I'm thinking she was just exiting 66 turning around and getting on the other side, then exiting at the same exit and getting back on 66 on the other side...now usually that's pretty metal to say the least, but this is an audition! you can't be that late to your audition...that's crazy talk...anyways, we're trying out another female singer this Saturday afternoon...hopefully it goes well...if not, I will force Corpsegrinder the Bassist to belt out gnarly squeals...Sunday I got to do some work around the house and write up some reviews and then Monday we're going to the Nationals/Braves game up at the other Dead Kennedy Center...radical...last night I actually got some sleep though I woke up at 5am...the night before I got three or four hours of sleep...stupid work. I swear. ugh.

I think I might have to go up to DC one day and check out this bar

2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Reed said...

Make sure you leave a trail of breadcrumbs or something when you go to DC - I want you to be able to get out.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what the crap happened to my previous comment... but here's what was said...

The Grog and Tankard is supposed to be prety sweet, I've been by there, but never inside... Let me know if you're ever going down there...

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger