taste it! J-Sin's musings...

8.28.2005

the spread of the internets

so this morning I get an email from some site owner that looks suspiciously like spam...said email says that some article on my site has been linked on theirs and that I should add their link to my site...there's an approval process though you see...so I get to type in the link that has their link and all...well their site is one of those big link farm, fake content type of things...that of course has ads on it...but they urge others to link to increase their own popularity...but the amazing thing was it's all totally automated...when I go to their site and just try to hit the approve button without adding their link anywhere, in the background their site does a GET for whatever link I put in their link-back field and when it discovers I haven't added it...in REAL TIME they give me an error...pretty spiffy huh?...it does an automated email to me, automatically adds an "on hold" link in their system, does a real time look-up during the approval process, and no doubt also does some real-time grab for content...the internets however as a whole suffers because the content isn't really useful...it's just for ad revenue...and that's how Google makes billions...insanity I tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger