taste it! J-Sin's musings...

12.18.2004

new Sworn Enemy rules

our buddies over at quite possibly the BEST hardcore music site have put up some of the new Sworn Enemy songs up in the heralded MP3 format for your downloading (legal too!) pleasure...and by the way Sworn Enemy's website should not be confused with these pro-Israel/pro-American nutjobs who love Ollie North (apparantly they missed out on his traitorship and illegal selling of 'merican arms to who are now our "sworn" enemies--I love puns)

also these guys make great posters and are ironically named "Strength of One", not to be confused with my old buddies' former band who apparantly broke up for whatever reason, which sucks because I liked 'em enough to throw them on Smother.Net's second compilation CD...good bands always break up these days don't they? remember Vision of Disorder??? well their old website VOD.com is now a video-on-demand website...boo!

Speaking of bands, I really miss playing in bands...whether it was drums or singing or whatever, hell it was fucking guns out fun...my first band ever was really REALLY good now that I re-listen to our tracks that we actually recorded...we could have been huge I'd bet because we actually wrote pretty decent pop-rock/alternative/whatever/punky type songs...but it wasn't meant to be I suppose and we broke up but then formed another band that was equally fun but then we fizzled after several years and shows and we WERE big, but in Malaysia...hell we were even given a pretty spot-on review in Metal Hammer for crying out loud! but in typical J-Sin lashing out-ness (thanks mom, your influence is maddening at times) I helped bring about its demise, certainly with help I guess...but damn if I don't miss all involved with quite possibly some of the best moments of my life in music and otherwise!...regret is always a 20/20 type of thing isn't it?...so switching the subject:

just got a call from one of the wife's co-workers, we went bowling with her and her brother and a couple other folks a couple of weeks ago...well anyways they're trying to get a little get-together for new year's eve...that might be fun, though I most certainly will not drink more than a couple of beers if I'm to drive, f getting busted for drinking and driving, that's some shizz and VA (rightfully so) has really cracked down on it and I'm sure the bacon will be out in full force that evening...

another cool upcoming label (I'm going to try to help promote their stuff after downloading a few mp3's) is Perfect Victim Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger