taste it! J-Sin's musings...

12.19.2004

boxing and fireman santa

literally just a second ago a parade of fire trucks with Santa on top just passed by...wonder what the Manassas fire department has planned for Kwanza...anyways, this morning I watched the re-airing of the Glenn Johnson v. Antonio Tarver light-heavyweight boxing match...WOW...although Tarver put on a better show and probably did win (his numbers were better and I totally thought he had won) I was happy to see that crown-wearing neophyte get his ass handed to him in the final and deciding round...Tarver barks all about and shows himself off and was rather annoying to watch him as he walked in wearing a fucking crown...meanwhile Johnson is much more, just, well, nice...and he won. astounding!...and one thing to note for HBO, please in the future if you're going to re-air a pay-per-view fight that I want to see, don't ruin it by telling me who won before you re-air it!...argh!...I was happy to see the big goofy Vitali awkwardly swing his way to victory, damn that was a commanding fight...the opening fight of the night was Andre Ward's professional debut...you may remember him from Athens were he got gold...if I remember correctly there was some bit of controversy because he talked about going pro immediately to cash in and get some money...well he looked, well, raw...I dunno, I like watching boxing and all but damn if I don't hate the stupid business and promotion behind it...and I swear it's all still run by the mob, some of the upsets that have happened just reek of injustice and tampering don'tcha think?...and was that really Ice T in the ring??!?! or was I just imagining it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger