taste it! J-Sin's musings...

2.27.2005

the new sameness is just the old sameness

while the story about the McMansions and their inhabihants in Prince William and Loundon Counties was interesting it just goes to show you that ultimately many Americans really just strive for the togetherness of not being different...personally I couldn't handle this much social engineering especially since I value my privacy (and I hate people)...but the underlining fakeness of the whole thing is something I just couldn't shake off...these gated communities--whether real or just for show--make me sick, it's as if it was all ripped straight from Stepford and molded into some lame new age fitting-in thing...hmm, maybe I'm just annoyed that I highly doubt I could put out a newsletter that states, "Do you enjoy drinking 40oz's in brown paper bags? I'm starting a 40oz appreciation day..." either that or I'm just nervous that I got a spam mail whose subject line read :

"Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia"

which of course urged me to contact some drugstore related to an "exclusive on1ine phharmacy", must be pretty damn exclusive if you spell "online" with a 1

last night was fun...our homemade pizzas turned out great and were very filling since one of the girls last night was a freshman when I was a senior at the greatest high school on Planet Earth known as Sherando (sarcasm is indeed very sharp this morning) I had to wipe out my senior yearbook...it's weird to look at those things remembering all the funny catch phrases of the day (the days of "taste it" lay to our future because back then it was all "four?" and "I got twenty bucks") and all the forgotten promises to "K.I.T." and more wittiness than you could shake a sharpened stick at...so after all that nonsense we went out to play some pool and see some live music...Pete Schmidt was really good, but seriously Sharpshooters in Manassas is a fucking hole...I went to the bathroom (which was on the second floor past the trophy case with shot glasses) and shuttered as I listened to two rednecks converse about the age of the water heater and the state of the shower (yes you read that right) that was next to the stall I was peeing in (of course there was no door nor toilet paper for said stall), the conversation went something like this:

Redneck 1: "Goddamn, fucking kids must been in here, there's fucking paper towels stuffed in the pisser" (referring to the clogged up urinal)
Redneck 2: "Fucking a, that's one fucking old water heater..."
Redneck 1: "Yeah must be near fucking 30 years old, they don't make them like that no more."
Redneck 2: "Yeah I would have given you at least 20 years, shit reminds me of that fucking house I bought in Madison County, fucker lied to me and said it was only 12 years old, course that was in the fucking '80's"
Redneck 1: "Whoo, Madison County--nice."
Redneck 2: "Yeah but that water heater is fucking 30 years old at least. That shower's fucking dirty too. "
Redneck 1: "Yeah this place is going downhill fast, too many fucking goddamn kids..."

but pool was fun as was commenting on the plethora of funny rednecks, girls with big fat midriffs that were exposed in clothes not intended for their decidedly unattractive bodies, and of course the singer in the "main" band who looked like Kyle from the Real World and was wearing an official Sharpshooters t-shirt...his band later went onto cover such hits by Sublime and Counting Crows as I shook my head and realized that '96 was never going to let us go...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sherando can...taste it?

And I must say from first hand experience that the freshman class when you were a senior was a fine group indeed.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger