taste it! J-Sin's musings...

7.02.2005

as I await...

my in-laws getting their act in gear so we can freakin' eat dinner...I sit and listen to the Mew CD that lamarocket ironically hooked me up with on the same day I bought it at amazon.co.uk and am totally blown away...I love bands like this that perfectly capture melody and harmony and somehow seem to actually own it...it's odd, I think some of the bands that I've really gotten into these last few months are so ridiculously melodic...even the metal bands...Explosions in the Sky, Mew, newest Darkest Hour...all of them are so unbelievably amazing at writing rad melodies...I think great vocals are just so unbelievably difficult to do now...I hear what some bands manage to do and am stunned...I certainly remember a time thinking that my weak ass efforts at singing melodies weren't half bad, but shit there are singers that hands down are incredible...I think what I always liked about singing was writing lyrics...I'd still love to be in a band as a singer but I don't think I have enough talent to sing great harmonies or at least I'd have to practice a hell of a lot first...practice today was great, I didn't even feel like I screwed up all that much...today feels like sunday and it's great that it's not and that I have two more days off before I have to climb back into the sewage known as my job...cool we got the call, the in-laws are almost home and ready to be jive turkeys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger