taste it! J-Sin's musings...

11.24.2004

perhaps an explanation is overdue

for one, I don't hate Christians. or Muslims. or Jews. or Hinduis. or even Wiccans (though they're outfits are funny and remind me of myself in high school--"such conformists"). BUT. I do not like hypocrisy. nor do I enjoy people pushing THEIR values onto ME or OTHERS. Nicholas Kristof today pretty much summed up what I think about the whole "Left Behind" nonsense as well as what I think about a lot of folks strung up in the religious funk...I get just as irked about Muslim fanaticism as I do about Christian freakjobs too...of course some may take it a tad far with their remarks but whatever...all I guess I'm trying to get across (no pun intended) is that I don't think it's right for ANYONE to push their religion unless invited to sit down for discussions...things that have irked me that directly involve religion:


  1. finding a note or encouraging me to go to a Bible study or any sort of church on my car, in my mailbox, or on my door

  2. seeing legislations being pushed for by various groups or lawmakers in which they cite religious artifacts or bible stories as some sort of basis or evidence in which said law should be passed

  3. hearing whining from adults regarding videogames, movies, television, music or any other form of entertainment that contains material that they feel is inappropriate for their poor little weak-minded children

  4. people asking for donations, votes, or servitude in the name of whatever god they follow (this includes suicide bombing, Catholic voter guides, requests for tithes, and all missionary work)

  5. deliberate destruction of some ancient historical artifacts by saying that it is blasphemy (Taliban comes to mind, yes pre-9/11)

  6. hate-filled actions or speech directed at or towards groups that have been identified with a moronic intepretation of archaic writing that is supposed to be originated from some invisible divine entity



ok so maybe I'm not totally tolerant but fuck 'em...they've had centuries to be douches...call me a leftist elitist asshole all you want, but I'm not going to fall over backwards for any book (Koran, Bible, Torah, et al) that was written by man for man to control man unless it's a Creed song...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger