taste it! J-Sin's musings...

12.21.2004

one more day of work after today then I'll be free

well not really free, but at least not at work suffering from a nasty build-up of nasal congestion and a still-slightly-sore throat...yuck...work continues in the snore pattern, testing, testing, fixing silly stupid bugs, and more testing...I swear this release that we're working on never seems like it will end! and we still have a month or so to go...boo!...I chit chatted with one of my old buddies today and she seems to be doing good, but seems distant, almost lonely and perhaps she is...my dumb little brother needs a good wrestling as he seems mired in depression as you do when you're in the group of teen and have bad parent relations...he's being stupid about wanting to put college off for a year...so it seems as if I need to step it up and be a good big brother and offer him more advice...hopefully him and my other brother can come up and visit me over the holidays which would be nice...maybe we can get together for new year's eve or something...neither of them drink which is a good thing not only are they too young but damn if they need booze to help screw 'em up...I did enough of that for them!...just finished "shopping" for christmas if you can call it that...this year is small and only really one "BIG" and one "SMALL" present...to be honest it doesn't really feel much like x-mas this year, my brother in law is outta town, my wife has to work, my family isn't really doing anything and while my in-laws are getting together, I think I'm gonna avoid that scene...this x-mas needs to be about reflection, some solitude (not really), music, and some work around the house...I'd still like to go up to DC or Philadelphia or Atlantic City or something, somewhere for x-mas, because that, my semi-loyal friends and readers would be fun...I type loud...it's quiet here in the office and all I hear are distant phone rings and my endless chattering on the keyboard...cube life is weird sometimes...depressing often but a necessary evil to continue in the vein of normal day-to-day life...my grade for my statistics class was posted...an A...whoohoo!...it's funny how much you change in your scholastic and academic world when you're not busy being in college and doing nothing else really...damn if I wasn't a major slacker back then!...oh well, life goes on right?...there was a guy who used to drive me to class, we were friends and he took basically all the same classes as me for the most part (he was in the same major or collegewhatever you want to call it)...anyways he was always a tad on the troubled side...his brother was cool but calling him a bit of a recluse would have been an understatement...I could never really understand why, I mean they both were quite personable once you got past that shield of shyness...but they both pretty much preferred their online life better...or perhaps that life preferred them better...well whatever it was, it always made me curious...now I feel like I'm almost like that...sure, I have plenty of friends from work and we've even hung out afterwards and no one would say I'm the anti-social butterfly here, but at home and outside of work I don't really do a whole lot of socializing...guess I don't really prefer it...wonder what Dr. Phil would tell me?...anyways I was just wondering whatever happened to my buddy...he wound up having a kid with some girl he met on the Internet and then she wound up leaving him after a plethora of bad financial problems on both their ends and if I remember correctly she took his kid too...NOW that's some bullshit...I hope he's good but try as I might, I can't find a way to get in touch with him, despite the fact that's he's an online junkie...damn it...oops, now I gotta go to a meeting...what fun it truly is!

and completely unrelated, the new album by NINE is awesome...great Swedish hardcore band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger