taste it! J-Sin's musings...

1.04.2005

technology is dumb

see, a lot of people that surround me are all into the tech stuff, the geek stuff, the what-have-you-got-on-your-belt-clip-today crowd...but me, I abstain for the most part...sure I have an iPod (I got it for free!) and a cell phone (that gets calls from wife and boss almost entirely only) yes I have a wireless network (so my Tivo connects and my PS2 can connect at lightningly slow pace), yes I've had a website since forever, sure I have my CDs in a database (too many to remember what I have and don't have), sure I have a gmail account (that I never use), I have a domain name with several domain pointers, heck I even got a PDA (that I don't know the location of for the past three years) but it's these idiots that make me hate technology in the most luddite of ways...to think that we're wasting bandwidth and microchips on stuff stupid like games on your cell phones, or GPS for your Lincoln Navigator so you can find the easiest way around the backed up traffic...turning an iPod into a laser pointer? how fucking dumb and pointless is that?...that's not geeky, that's a waste of money.

so yeah, I'm embolden on a new power mission to wreck fatal havoc against devices like Nextel phones. I swear if I hear another one of those damn chirping sounds I will lose my marbles!...seriously, those phones suck. but not as much as Virginia Tech who put me into fits of laughter when they lost and looked stupid and I got to laugh at their wasted stupid effort on 4th and inches when they could have easily kicked a field goal but wanted to be bold and score a touchdown and then didn't because they suck and ciphon money from real programs for Virginian public schools. booyakasha indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




add this to your site


Powered by Blogger